Friday 4 April 2014

A Reflection


I remember saying to myself at the end of the week "I have seen more wildlife during this 1 week in Florida than I have during 20 years in Britain".  I think i would stand by that statement.  I had seen such a diverse range of wildlife from waders to owls and from Alligators to Rabbit's Foot Ferns.  The Florida Everglades and wetland eco-systems are extremely fragile, but when healthy they are immensely productive and can support a huge range of wildlife.


The objective of this field trip was to develop an understanding of wetland eco-systems and the issues conservationists encounter when trying to manage them.  I believe I left Florida with a firm understanding and a strong desire to return.

An Anhinga "Snake Bird" sunning itself after
diving for fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment